Monday, April 04, 2005

Another Skirmish & the Bird-Eating Spider

Monday morning and we're back to normal. Kiddos at school, dh back at work, loopy dog outstretched in the sun, me in front of the computer. Now if I could only place where that bird-eating spider went I'd have my mind at ease.

We certainly had a fun filled weekend. Lots of political jabs being made again with only li'l ol' me to represent the voice of reason. Where is all my backup when I need them? Last night was the topper though, I was awoken at 11:30pm by what I assumed was the angry mob coming to my house. Heard pretty loud voices and dogs barking outside, so I slid out of bed and peeked out the window to see 3 police cars out front surrounding an SUV and mini van. No lights flashing, but one of those police cars must have been a K-9 unit and that dog was not happy. I quietly slid the window up to see if I could catch what was going on. No such luck. As I was watching another squad arrived, and after about 20 minutes or so the police let the cars go. As the police stood talking for a few minutes another mini van pulled up out front and then a second. Those occupants got out and talked with the police for another 10 minutes or so before they all left. I thought I recognized the last group of folks, and got confirmation this morning that there was a skirmish on the political front. I believe charges are being filed, and luckily I had nothing to do with it. How many more hours until the election? Sheesh.

HJ is going to be represented with the Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling at their 2005 Annual Conference in Arlington Heights May 4-6, 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home