Friday, March 18, 2005

Ham, ham, glorious ham...

While we're on the subject of cooking, the girl and I were watching the FOOD network last night and saw a delightful show all about Ham. More than I ever wanted to know about ham, and now I can't stop thinking about ham. I can't wait to go to the store now and investigate all of the different kinds of ham. One thing though, I really didn't need to know where bacon comes from.

I used to scoff at people who watched the FOOD network. Me, being happy to make grilled cheese, spaghetti, and the occassional apple pie, didn't see the need in 24 hours of cooking shows. What in the world could these people possibly be watching? But now I've seen the error of my ways. I mean, I saw a chick make some really good looking spaghetti. Well, it was good before she put olives in it. Ick! :::shudder::: But I also saw a really good show on this contest where people were making themed cakes. The theme was a children's toys, so that was right up my alley. The cakes were absolutely amazing. Works of art, and ya all know, I like art...and cake too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home