Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sniff....sniff.....

Mmmmmmm......Can you smell the corned beef and cabbage? Yum. I even baked a cake today. Once you get up off the floor and stop laughing you can rejoin the class. Come on now, just because I usually don't cook, doesn't mean I can't. It just usually takes a holiday to motivate me. But I'll have you know that I've been cooking dinner most every night now. Really stinks being poor. I'm afraid some of the area restaurants will go under soon. Bet they're wondering what happened to us.

On another HJ note, my bags finally arrived. They were supposed to be here yesterday, but apparently the UPS man couldn't part with them. The truck flew by, then backed up and stopped, then flew past again. I figured he'd be back, but alas, no, he took my package and hi-tailed it back to UPS-land. But all is fine as the bags arrived today. That's a good thing too...I think brown lunch bags would have looked a wee bit unprofessional.

Oh, and back to the cake...I baked a cake because, of course, it's St. Patrick's Day and I wanted to have a festive dessert to go with my scrumptious corned beef and cabbage dinner. But, I only have one kind of frosting in my pantry. I was hoping for vanilla so I could do a little green food coloring and -voila- festive St. Pat's day dessert....but NOOOoooooo I only have ORANGE frosting. Now I'm going to be celebrating the darn English/Irish rebellion again. Ya know, cooking AND representing both sides of a war are really wearing me out.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't let the cake baking pass without comment since I happen to have personal knowledge that you used to cook as much as I do now. You are just doing it in the opposite order. Orange frosting for St. Patricks Day though. Thats sacrilegious. But, still, the bottom line is how did it taste and is there any left over?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Happy Jack said...

Um...rut-row...you're not the IRA opperative who wants to make trouble for me, are you? I swear that whole orange thing happened 400 years ago...I didn't do it...

And actually, Patrick brought home vanilla, so we used that instead. Not very festive, but at least it kept me out of trouble in case the IRA operative was peeking in the window.

And yes, there is still some left!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home