Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday today, right?

Man those overnights do mess with my already perilous sense of time. 1800 pieces last night, so the truck wasn't bad and we actually kicked butt getting stuff out on the floor. I worked in Stationery, Housewares, Plastics, Shoes, Baby, and back to school. Got out at 6:45 even. Most other people left earlier, but I stayed to earn myself some points. Also most of the others worked a double truck the night before and worked a 12 hour shift. We'll see how I'm doing by Saturday. lol. Saw some cute stuff on clearance though and need to go back tonight to get some groceries. Seems butter got left off the grocery list when I went over the weekend.

I'm amazed at how quickly I bounce back to feeling ok after working. I had three days off and by the third day I felt fine. But the day after and even 2 days after are killers! Every joint in my body hurts. Even my poor little fingers. Last night was my first in the baby department. It was pretty easy until I got to the baby food aisle. What a pain in the butt. All those little tiny jars! But it did bring back my lifelong desire to straighten the store shelves. I'm finally living my fantasy job. Remind me not to fantasize about stuff like that again.

No one has said anything about my switching to days after this week. There is a new boss guy working, so I guess I'll talk to him about it tonight. They do have me scheduled the first week in August, which I absolutely can't do, so I'll have to get that straightened out. No free food last night either. Heard the people who stayed late the other day got free Starbucks. Glad I wasn't there.

In Happy Jack land, I'm working feverishly on my shopping cart. I have about 50% of it in place, have to add the code to the baskets and the candy bar wrappers and mugs. Which brings up another glitch in the system...how to figure shipping costs. Most people use a percentage of the sale or a flat fee, but since my stuff ranges from $1.25 buttons to $60 baskets, I don't think I can do that. I will have to base it on weight, I think. I need Patrick to help me figure that stuff out. Also, I found the coolest supplier of ceramics...just absolutely darling mugs that would be perfect for Happy Jack chocolate mugs! Must perfect those...I know what I want to do with them, but just haven't had the time to devote to fixing those designs. Stay tuned maybe by Christmas time I'll have them figured out. Also the Teddy Bear Treats will be coming soon!

Now to get something done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home