Monday, July 11, 2005

So much, so much, so much

First off, I started the new job on Friday night. Boy, I could write a book about this place...I probably should. The first night was absolutely horrible and I didn't think I could go back. Course, all along the application/interview process I had the intense desire to flee, but I stuck it out. So after a tumultuous first night, I slept all day Saturday until about 6:30, got up, showered and went over to a friend's house where Patrick and the kids were enjoying a barbecue get-together. I spent about an hour there and then came home to get dressed for work again. Saturday night was not 1/4 as bad as Friday was, so we'll see. Tonight is the test of me getting back with the car in time to pass Patrick as he goes to work. Luckily I didn't work last night so I got to catch up on some sleep. And Friday I get paid for 17 hours work so we'll see if that brightens things up.

On another note...this town is being pulled apart by the decision of the mayor to not renew the police chief. Mayor has his reasons, people are blasting the mayor, etc. The usual RL stuff. But we learned over the weekend who the proposed replacement is....and it is fantastic!! I'll spill the beans later this week. Tonight is the village board meeting where they vote to approve and swear him in. I was shocked and couldn't be more pleased. They made a terrific choice and I'm just thrilled about it. He will do a great job.

Today (after sleeping in a bit), I am doing a bit of Happy Jack work, some ebay packing, some foundation work, some laundry, taking the kids to the pool, then having two meetings and getting the girl ready for play rehearsal at 6pm, then dinner for the rest of us and off to the village board meeting, picking up the girl, and going to work. That's a full day.

Now, I better get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home