Monday, July 18, 2005

So so tired...

I'm here....yawn...I'm awake....
Monday morning, right? Well, afternoon at this point. What a busy few days. Since I last posted the girl had her 5 play performances, I got a paycheck, name badge, and I think that's it. But it sure seems like there was more. Last thursday I had the car so after the first play performance the kids and I went to the beach with our friends. That was a lot of fun! I definitely need to get myself one of those blow up raft thingys and go sleep out on the rolling waves of Round Lake.

Friday, girl had two play performances. Patrick took off work to drive her over at 8am since I worked Thursday night. I also worked Friday night. By Friday morning I had reached 40 hours, so they told me I didn't need to work Saturday night if I didn't want to, so I decided not to since Sunday was an early call for play performance and also the picture day.

Saturday my mom and sister and family came up to see the play. Patrick baked cookies Friday night while I was at work, so they got a bag of cookies for their trip. I can't believe how big the cousins are getting. Course when I look at the girl I can't believe how tall she is all of a sudden. When did that happen?

Sunday was photo call for the play. That's when they run the show backwards so the director can take pictures, and we parents can take pictures too. I have over 100 on my digital camera, plus Patrick took pics with the regular camera too. I haven't uploaded the pics yet, but will post a few when I can. They play was great! But they really need someone else to do their playbills for them. That was really bad. I wish they'd let me do them... Oh, we gave out candy bars after the show too, and there were a couple people who were really interested in them. Hopefully that will turn into some business. I debated giving them out again, and figured I would since I did get one order from the Honk! bars I did last time.

As for work, I'm now no longer the "new guy"...there were 2 new ladies there last night, as bewildered as I was initially. It was fun being able to explain stuff to them. It is very confusing when they start talking store lingo and as an outsider you have no clue what they are talking about. But I was the nice person and introduced myself and translated what was going on, etc. I felt better last night since I was no longer the new person. Last night I did Housewares, Stationery and Back to School. I work again tonight and tomorrow night too.

In Happy Jack land, I have three book baskets I'm working on for delivery this week and also some sample bars I'm working on for the football team up here. HJ will also be at the Lake County Fair. I donated a basket for the prize package for the Fair Queen pagent.

Ok, that's enough updating for today. Go back to work. lol.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Annette said...

Yumm, those cookies sure are good! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home