Tuesday, July 19, 2005

When it rains....

it pours! Not the weather, of course, still dry as a bone here. I got a call this morning, while I was rejuvinating with my 5 hours of sleep, for a job interview at the school district. I applied a while ago for an office clerk job at the boy's (and girl's former) school but recently heard they filled the position. So I was surprised to have a message this morning to set up an interview. Turns out this job is for the Technology department which is located in a house outside the middle school. Hours are a much more reasonable 7:30-4:00pm and pay is quite a bit more than I'm currently making even with the overnight differential. So here are the pros and the cons:

PRO:

  1. Daytime hours
  2. More money
  3. Working for education
  4. Close to home
  5. Using my brain
  6. Technology is good!

CON:
  1. No car to get to job
  2. Too far to bike to
  3. Starts before girl gets on bus
  4. Ends 2 hours later than kids school schedule
  5. 12-month job which means the end of all-day pool fun
  6. Large chunk of HJ time gone

So I go for the interview tomorrow afternoon. I work tonight but should be able to get 4-5 hours of sleep in before the interview. I hope I don't babble too much. Anyone have a CHEAP car for sale? Sheesh, what am I gonna wear....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home