Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday already?

Oh man, what a night. 4600+ pieces on two trucks. We finished unloading around 1am. Then I worked in stationery and housewares. I'm getting to know those areas really well. Most stuff I can put away on site alone, so I don't usually use a scanner. I was noticing a few more things that I could use for Happy Jack last night. Like the helium balloon tanks...lol. I didn't have the heart to tell my TL last night that I was leaving. She is going on vacation today for 10 days and I didn't want to ruin her vacation. She likes me, and I do a good job, so I think she will be sad to lose me. And, frankly, she could snap me like a twig, so I was a little worried about breaking the news. I called the HR lady this afternoon (after not nearle enough sleep) and told her that I accepted another position and my last day would be July 30. But I also inquired about switching to part time evenings and she said that would be no problem. So yippee, I get to keep my discount!

In other Happier news, I had three baskets delivered today. Two for retirement parties, and one a surprise children's basket. The retirement baskets were fun to put together. One was for a guy who runs marathons...



...and one was for a movie buff.



The suprise basket was for a family who just got a new puppy and included a book for a first grader (Henry Huggins & Ribsy) and a fourth grader (Ginger Pye) and also an education sticker book about dogs & puppies. Lots of dog goodies in there too.





I think all three turned out so cute!


Today I have to do some laundry and rest my weary bones and get ready for tonight. Maybe there won't be a truck...and I'm already at 33 hours this week, so if I stay til 7am I'll be past 40...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home