Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Swim Little Fishy

Remember me mentioning how the boy was not at all thrilled with swimming lessons? In fact he stated that he wished he didn't have to have swimming lessons until next year and he was very pained at the very thought of having them? Today's quote, "I wish we could have swimming lessons every day!" My little bubs are quite the little fishies. The girl goes off the diving board and swims under water the whole way to the side of the pool. Boy is doing mighty fine as well. They kept him in the advanced class, but separated the boys and girls since the girls were doing much better than the boys. But boy is definitely holding his own. They are MUCH improved even after two classes. We're going to the pool 3 times this week.

But, I think the girl has cursed us all. She broke a mirror in our garage before we left for the pool this afternoon. It was an accident, her bike hit the mirror that I had leaning against a box, left over from the garage sale. I'm still in the process of packing things up for Salvation Army. So we're almost at the pool, with one street left to cross, and we had to stop for a car to go by. I lost my balance and fell right against the curb. Got a NASTY scrape over most of my right shin, with quite a bit of blood loss. Managed to walk the rest of the way to the pool, which was right across the street. Got a big band-aid from the office and got it cleaned up, but boy is there a major bruise forming on both of my legs. Then while we were locking up our bikes I accidently hit the girl in the nose with my bike lock. Don't ask how that happened, and she was alright, but it stung her enough to bring tears to her eyes. Poor little thing. But 4 hours at the pool helped her feel better. lol.

Heard from a neighbor that there is an ice cream place in McHenry called Happy Jacks. We'll be checking that out really soon. Also, I am happy to report that I found my birth certificate. I need that for the new job and I couldn't find it OR my Social Security card. One of my first purchases at the new job will be a fire-proof safe to put all those important papers in. I have no idea where they all are. Second purchase...a mini fridge to keep the chocolate in. lol. That will be a Happy Jack purchase though.

Ok, off to bed. Ta-ta for now.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Annette said...

Hey! Got an extra fridge in my basement from the kitchen remodel!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Happy Jack said...

Thanks! I was thinking about one of those little college dorm jobbers though. Just enough to store the chocolates....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home