Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Bullseye

Had my first interview on Monday afternoon. I had the kids go play at a friend's house for an hour so I could run out there. The actual interview went fine, but man the time span leading up to it and the things that are overheard leading up to it are just amazing. More about that later. I was told to come back for a second interview that night at 11pm. I went and again, after some tense time before the actual interview, the interview iteself went very well. The lady pointed out that I am way overqualified and why didn't I apply for a management position, etc. lol. But they called again yesterday asking me to come in for 15 minutes or so, so I'm guessing that may be for a drug test.

Tonight is also the second HOA meeting. Should be interesting. One of my neighbors is going around with a petition to relax some of the crazy rules we have here...including the one about no home businesses. She said a lot of people she's talked to want the HOA gone. That's a good thing.

Got an order for end of season goodies for a baseball team. Working on putting a page up dedicated to those. I don't really show them anywhere and they are really neat. I bet I would get more orders for those, and those are good all year round with all the different sports out there. I also added a generic basket page under the "Children's Book Basket" link that explains why my baskets are better than anyone elses. I thought that needed to be added too. Still working on the shopping cart issues too.

I better go check on Loppy dog. I think I left her outside. Whoops.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Scott McMillan said...

Was the HOA meeting interesting? I've never found them so. Unless there is a fist fight. Then it is interesting. Blog on!
Scott McMillan

And about me:

The McMillan Law Firm, APC is conveniently located in La Mesa, California. The Firm serves small businesses, employees, homeowners, in defending and prosecuting lawsuits. Our practice focuses on wage claims arising from nonpayment of overtime and minimum wage, failure to provide rest breaks, failure to provide meal periods, and failure to timely tender paychecks. La Mesa's McMillan Law Firm

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Happy Jack said...

About as interesting as an HOA meeting could be. There is always the potential for fist fights. We have some very high strung people in the community who believe in promoting their visions to everyone. Course, the rest of us don't agree. Someone still has their Christmas lights up! For shame! Why can't other people just divert their eyes? People get WAY too involved in everyone else's business here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home