Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tired Tuesday

Oh man...I was so tired this morning. Got up with loopy dog at 5:45am for some unknown reason...she must be on a weekend schedule this week. Went back to bed and slept in until almost 9:30. We rode our bikes to the pool yesterday and although the temp said 93 degrees when we left at quarter to one it really didn't feel too bad. I was expecting way worse. It must have been a "dry heat". lol. Found lots of friends at the pool, so we stayed until about 6:00 and then started our ride back home. The boy protested because he wanted to stay until the pool closed at 7pm, but the girl looked tired and I was beat. Between the chlorine and allergies and bright sunshine my eyes were killing me. Oh, and shortly after we got there it did rain too, so we had the full gamut of weather while we were there. I finished a book I was reading, and got plenty more sunburn even with all the sunscreen I put on. I look like a lobster. I don't think the kids got much more than they got over the weekend. But one of my PTO friends saw me last night and cracked up. lol

This weekend is the long awaited "company picnic". No, not Happy Jack, but that is a fun idea...lol. It's Patrick's company picnic, which is also my OLD company. As you'll remember, I left abruptly last August due to the changing working conditions. I haven't really seen some of these people since then although I have been back to LF a couple times. I'm actually kind of a little nervous, but it should be an interesting day, to say the least. The kids love going to it and we didn't go last year because there was NO WAY I was going. We're making bets on who will/won't talk to me. lol

Girl has another sleepover birthday party this weekend. #2 in the series of 3 taking place this month. Getting back to the one from last week...the girl from that party was a team-mate on her soccer team. Very nice family, and they live right by where we used to live. The next corner, as a matter of fact. So when driving there last Friday we went past our old house. Remember my old house with the lilac bush...the tulips...lilies....hostas, etc.? ALL GONE! Everything dug up and leveled. Even the dogwood bushes we had in front. I almost cried. I spent so much time and money out there building the perennial garden and it is ALL gone. Even that beautiful dwarf lilac that I spent so much time shaping. I couldn't believe it. I had to drive Patrick past it too. Oh man. Makes me sick to think about it, but oh well, it isn't our house anymore.

Back to work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home