Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer Vacation...Day 4

We're still alive. Buried under a ton of junk, but alive. We're getting ready for our garage sale next weekend. Kids and I have been working through their rooms and the bonus room clearing out stuff we don't need and winter clothes, etc. Today I want to get it all moved downstairs so I can start sizing and pricing. I hope we have decent weather. Last year it stormed pretty bad on one day and we had to close up. We also had the loopy puppy out on the porch last year and the kids put up a sign saying "Pet the Pup for $1" and they actually made money from one lady...lol!

The last couple of days it has really cooled off. It is back in the 60's again, which is nice. We went for a walk last night at 9pm with sweats on and it was nice. Kids and I were out earlier in the day hanging notices about HOA changes a neighbor made up and we got soaked and muddy. We were riding bikes through a new section on houses still under construction and it was raining a little, so we were a mess when we came home. I told them to enjoy it though because I don't usually let them out to ride bikes in the rain or mud. lol. We were a sight. Which reminds me, I better do some laundry.

Tomorrow Patrick it taking off work so we can get the school registration forms in, and we are also going to go to the
Lake County Discovery Museum and see the Walter Payton exhibit before it goes away. That will be our Father's Day treat since we don't have any money to do anything else. And we'll be at the pool on Sunday too. Also have to get the girl over to the second sleepover party at 5pm. Have to finish up the book basket present.

Kids and I are settling into a nice routine. They watch a couple hours of TV in the morning, have breakfast, then shut off the TV and find something else to do for a couple hours while I get some work done, then I go do something with them in the afternoon. We've also started making desserts together at lunchtime. We made an ice cream Jello thing on Tuesday and banana pudding with marshmallows and bananas yesterday. Not sure what we're making today.

Ok, back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home