Thursday, May 26, 2005

Interesting Development...

As we know, the superintendent is leaving the district, and now so is the Asst. Superintendent for Business Services. But at tonight's school board meeting they voted to post job listings for art/music/PE and encore (which is a rotation of Art/Music/Spanish). Seems they have 1.5 million sitting around. Don't know where that is coming from, since they are supposed to have $5 mil in reserves (which I don't think we do now). Could that be what the extra million was for that they transferred (borrowed) out of another account? I don't think that extra money has been accounted for yet. Hmmm....we'll not get our hopes up just yet.

The meeting took place at the Middle School in the library (hadn't been there before) so the kids found a nice secluded spot to sit and read and listed to their CDs. Turns out it was also the area that the teachers and principals were congregating, so the girl's new principal kept an eye on them. We spoke to him a little bit as we were leaving and the girl introduced herself. He said if she behaves as well as she did during the meeting she'll have no problem at school. She just sat there reading her book. lol. He's very nice. I'm very impressed with the principal and vice principal there.

Half-day tomorrow so we're riding bikes down to a friends house so they can play in the afternoon. Boy, I bet I get in great shape this summer. Have to bike to get anywhere. We'll have to work on our stamina so we can make it up to where the stores are. That's about a 4 mile trek though. I'll let you know how we do in August. lol

I think I will start listing the books I'm reading. I've been meaning to keep a list going, but I always forget. So the last few I've read in the last month or so...all 7 of the Narnia books, Bridge to Terabithia, Hatchet, Bud Not Buddy, and I'm reading the companion to Hatchet - Brian's Winter now. If you know any of those books, watch for them to show up on Happy Jack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home