Friday, April 29, 2005

How cool is this!?

I saw an ad for this in the Family Fun magazine and had to check it out. Country Inns Book It & Return It Program. I'll have to see if they have this hotel in Boston. What a neat program! I will be posting this link on the HJ website.

Heard a rumor last night that one of the other school districts in the area (I'm assuming RL 116) is starting back in the fall in mid August! Something like 8 days earlier than last year. Wowzers. Not sure when they are out of school. We end June 8th due to using 1 snow day this year. I can't believe how fast this year is going by.

Our next door neighbor sold their house. Thanks in great part to our former realtor. I'm amazed they did sell it in this neighborhood. There are SO many houses for sale here and all over the district. It is kinda scarey! I saw a stat that said there is a 4 month surplus of houses on the market. Meaning at the current rate that houses are selling and the amount that are for sale it will take 4 months to sell them all. As compared to the Gurnee district (another neighboring community) where they have a 2 month surplus. Of course that could be because of the availability of new construction, at least that is what all the "Vote No" people like to think. Beats me. I'm staying.

Tuesday starts the ABC countdown at school. And it's ART DAY! Hmmmm...wonder what they'll do?

I saw another funny thing on another board about the school regarding the PE, or lack thereof. Someone said what they are doing now (since PE was cut from K-4) is called PAM - Physical Activity/Movement. Bahahahaha....I think they just play dodgeball. That's all I hear the boy talk about and the girl too. But at least they aren't sitting and watching videos like they did in Dist. 116. Gotta be happy about something, right?

And speaking of happy...you should have seen Loopy Dog yesterday. She was cracking me up. I had to stop what I was doing to go watch her. I let her out in the afternoon to do her business and then she started tearing around the yard in circles. And I'm not talking a brisk run, I'm talking that dog had to be going 30 MPH in a very small radius circle...while still tethered to the door. It was amazing to watch. When she realized she was bring watched she bounded up to the sliding door and bumped her little smooshed nose. Now I gotta clean dog nose print from door. lol.

TGIF.

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Happy Jack,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments from my family on this post: this post. I found you when I was out looking for large dog houses product info, and even though this doesn't relate to large dog houses, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Happy Jack, without blogs like yours I would be miserable and bored. My recent injury has me cooped up at home, so it's always lucky to find a gem like your blog here to keep me amused. My wood dog house website is getting better but it's hard to find information on wood dog house stuff, so I like learning from quality blogs like yours because it helps me in my web projects. You do a sweat job my friend. I'll be bookmarking your site in a special place. Will probably tell a friend too.

Nice work ~

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Jack, I need a little inspiration... I've read your post 'this post', I enjoyed it so I decided to comment. I've been thinking about my blog and how there are all these people posting strange comments there. Maybe you understand, I'm not sure, but it's tiring to read the numbers of comments that don't have much to do with my stuff. My normal cheap dog house website never suffers this because it just sells cheap dog house and isn't a blog. Do you have any ideas for how to stop the cluttering of non-relevant comments? Thanks for your great blog. Tips are always welcome...

good day -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home