Tuesday, December 05, 2006

iTunes

One definite benefit of job #1 is this rocking new laptop. I have a macbook pro dual-core with 2MB RAM and it runs Windows as well as OSX! As if that wasn't enough, some wisecracker also tipped me off to iTunes. I was perfectly happy relying on albums, the occasional tape and the 10 or so CDs I own. But now I have this whole new world of iTunes! Not only can I put my favorite tunes on the laptop, I can go buy them if I don't have them! I found some great jazz songs from the HS era...Buddy Rich - Love For Sale...had to buy that one - same arrangement that we used to play. Also found Nutville, again same arrangement and Warm Breeze, which is slightly different than we used to play. I keep expecting to hear Ann's piano solo or Tom's trumpet solos. And I keep listening for the bell for third period to go off right at the end of the song. So anyway...I started out my evening's playlist with Queen's Somebody to Love, then moved on to a little Green Day...then one of all my all-time favorites...Landslide by Stevie Nicks. It just goes on and on...all good stuff!

And this may be a strange segue, but if you follow my convoluted logic it does flow...I'm moving from iTunes to this very strange dream I had the other night. lol I'll post a key to the lulu logic below.

I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was elected to the Senate. Which was great, but I couldn't hear what was going on. We were in this great big hall being introduced and I couldn't hear what the heck was going on. It was rather frightening, really. I think the dream is a sign that I really need to get my hearing issues taken care of. Besides not being able to hear in meetings at work, I was at a party over the weekend and realized that I couldn't hear anyone there either. It is especially bad if there is any background noise or the person who is talking isn't facing me. I'm not sure if I'm just getting really good at lip reading or if there is something about the sound waves not coming directly at me or what. And don't get me started about when my hearing cuts out completely and I only hear static. That started back in the 9th grade. I remember sitting in Mr. Leece's English class and just hearing static.

Before my battery dies...here's the logic key:
iTunes...Stevie Nicks...Fleetwood Mac..."Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow"...Bill Clinton...Hillary Clinton...the Senate..the dream. lol

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home