Wednesday, December 06, 2006

...Birdland...

Holy %$@% man could we play in high school! lol. I mean I know I've talked about it, but tonight I got out a couple of the albums and part way into hearing the first one I had to bust out my bass and "attempt" to play along. Right now I'm part way through our 1982 album which would have been my sophmmore year. Dang blast it other than a few iffy solos we were smokin' good. I was kind of expecting it to not live up to my memories that I've been bragging about lately. But I am honestly blown away...even my half-ass solo on Birland was pretty good and then to top it off that we were all under 18 and playing like that is amazing. I wonder if anyone else remembers those times as fondly as I do. Dang....

So in looking back on the couple albums I could find...my sophmore album had the best picture. I was sitting in front leaning on the acoustic bass and there in the middle is this other goofball holding his bass upside down. He was a year older than me, I think, and I played circles around him and I don't actually think he even played on the album...or maybe he did on one song...I can't really remember! I know I did the bulk of the performing and he was like "come on, let me play one"...lol.

Hang on....gotta play along with another one...Bright Eyes by Paul Clark. Had to stop though...I just don't have the forearm strength I once had...course that could also be due to the 4-hour snow shovel marathon from last weekend. Alright, I am quite surprised at how fast it all does come back. Even all those little nuances..right back where they belong. My co-worker was right...it is like riding a bicycle. Now I just need to work up some stamina, and surprisingly one of my finger nails is too long. lol Never thought I'd say that one. Hang on...drum solo...lol Gosh, it is so like being back on the road...I can picture where we played, everything.

Now if I can just get the garage band software working on my laptop I will be in business.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home